Anyone aged 16 years or over can apply to be considered for housing under this policy. After we have received your application, we will consider whether you can join the housing register. When we make this decision, we consider the following:
If you are eligible and qualify you will be accepted onto Newcastle Homes and will be able to start bidding for properties.
When considering your application, we will also assess:
- If you have a local connection to Newcastle.
- What size and type of housing your household needs?
- Which priority banding award should apply?
- If your application should be suspended from budding.
- Whether any restrictions need to be applied to your application?
If you would like to know more about how we decide who can join Newcastle Homes and how we make decisions relating to applications, you can find this in Newcastle City Council's Allocations and Lettings Policy.