In this section you will find information about the range of housing options that are available in Newcastle and how you can apply for it.
This information includes:
- Housing for older people which includes sheltered housing and housing with care. We also have general needs housing that has a minimum age requirement.
- Advice and assistance if you are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Assistance to access private rented accommodation with the help of Newcastle Private Rented Service.
- The option to swap your home, mutual exchange, if you are an existing secure council tenant or have an assured tenancy with a registered provider.
- A waiting time tool to allow you to check the average waiting time for social housing.